What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is a learning management system (LMS) that allows for dynamic learning to occur in the online environment. The tools provided by the Blackboard software allow students and faculty to post and share documents and other course content, write via email and posted discussion boards, and even have synchronous, or "real-time" conversations in a virtual classroom.
The following video, will walk you through how to use the basic features of Blackboard.
Logging in to Blackboard the first time?
- You must be registered for at least a 1.0 credit hour
- It must be at least 24 hours since you registered
- You must know your UA ID number, example: 30123456
- To look up your UA ID and Blackboard username & password.. Go to http://me.uaa.alaska.edu Choose option 3 and answer the questions
- Go to http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/classes Login with your username and password
When I log in to Blackboard what if all my classes are not listed?
It must be at least 24 hours since you registered for your course to appear in Blackboard. Only the courses that your instructor has chosen to use in Blackboard will appear in your My Courses list. Contact your instructor if you do not see a course listed that you believe should be available.