OEC Office Support
- Mission Statement
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Office Support develops skills that an administrative assistant would use in an office setting.
Upon completion of this OEC students will demonstrate:
- Keyboarding skills of 40 net words per minute.
- Intermediate skills in spreadsheets.
- Intermediate skills in managing data using a variety of media.
- Develop business quality digital presentations and documents using a variety of media.
- Compose appropriate business communications.
- Collaborate in office settings.
Office Foundations OEC (16 credits)
- CIOS A101B Keyboarding B: Business Documents I--1 credit
- CIOS A101C Keyboarding C: Business Documents II--1 credit
- CIOS A115 10-key for Business Calculations--2 credits
- CIOS A125 Electronic Communications I: MS Outlook--1 credit
- CIOS A140 Databases I MS Access--1 credit
- CIOS A150A Presentations: MS PowerPoint--1 credit
- CIOS A161A Business Writing Strategies--2 credits
- CIOS A165 Office Procedures--3 credits
- CIOS A230 Word Processing II: MS Word--1 credit
- Advisor approved electives--3 credits
Office Support OEC (16 credits)
Complete the 16 credits of the Office Foundations Certificate (above) and then complete the following:
CIOS A235A Spreadsheets II: MS Excel--1 credit
CIOS A260A Business Communications--3 credit
CIOS A262 Job Search Strategies--2 credit
CIOS A264A Records Management--2 credit
CIOS A265 Office Management--3 credit
CIOS A276A Independent Project--1 credit
CIOS A295 Office Internship--1 credit
WRTG A111 Writing Across Contexts--3 credit
This certificate prepares you to be an administrative assistant in an office setting.
Secretaries and administrative assistants:
- maintain filing systems
- route and distribute mail
- answer routine letters and email
- attach files to messages
- operate fax machines and other office equipment
- use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management and other applications.
Administrative assistants earn about $15-$18/ hour or $ 35,000 per year.
This field is growing about as fast as average.
Office phone: 907-486-1212
The following is important information about the educational debt, earnings, and completion rates of student who attended this program.
University of Alaska Anchorage, Kodiak College
Undergraduate certificate in Office Support
Program Length: 1 year
Program Costs$4,084 for in-state tuition and fees$12,620 for out-of-state tuition and fees$1,072 for books and supplies$11,728 for off-campus room and board
Amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion.
Costs vary slightly depending on whether the program is completed at Mat-Su or Kodiak College.
Information is not available in regards to:
Students graduating on time*
Students borrowing money*
Typical graduate debt*
Typical monthly loan payment*
Typical graduate earnings*
Graduates who got jobs*
*Fewer than 10 students completed the program within normal time, numbers are withheld to preserve student confidentiality.
Note that this information is subject to change.
Program graduates are employed in the following fields
Date Created 6/16/2017
These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education.