OEC Office Support
- Mission Statement
The Occupational Endorsement Certificate in Office Support develops skills that an administrative assistant would use in an office setting.
Upon completion of this OEC students will demonstrate:
- Keyboarding skills of 40 net words per minute.
- Intermediate skills in spreadsheets.
- Intermediate skills in managing data using a variety of media.
- Develop business quality digital presentations and documents using a variety of media.
- Compose appropriate business communications.
- Collaborate in office settings.
Office Foundations OEC (16 credits)
- CIOS A101B Keyboarding B: Business Documents I--1 credit
- CIOS A101C Keyboarding C: Business Documents II--1 credit
- CIOS A115 10-key for Business Calculations--2 credits
- CIOS A125 Electronic Communications I: MS Outlook--1 credit
- CIOS A140 Databases I MS Access--1 credit
- CIOS A150A Presentations: MS PowerPoint--1 credit
- CIOS A161A Business Writing Strategies--2 credits
- CIOS A165 Office Procedures--3 credits
- CIOS A230 Word Processing II: MS Word--1 credit
- Advisor approved electives--3 credits
Office Support OEC (16 credits)
Complete the 16 credits of the Office Foundations Certificate (above) and then complete the following:
CIOS A235A Spreadsheets II: MS Excel--1 credit
CIOS A260A Business Communications--3 credit
CIOS A262 Job Search Strategies--2 credit
CIOS A264A Records Management--2 credit
CIOS A265 Office Management--3 credit
CIOS A276A Independent Project--1 credit
CIOS A295 Office Internship--1 credit
ENGL A111 Introduction to Composition--3 credit
This certificate prepares you to be an administrative assistant in an office setting.
Secretaries and administrative assistants:
- maintain filing systems
- route and distribute mail
- answer routine letters and email
- attach files to messages
- operate fax machines and other office equipment
- use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management and other applications.
Administrative assistants earn about $15-$18/ hour or $ 35,000 per year.
This field is growing about as fast as average.
For more information or advising contact Heather Corriere.
Office phone: 907-486-1212