Welcome to the Kodiak College Tuition Award Application!
Kodiak College grants tuition awards on a per credit basis depending on funding available and the number of qualified applications received. Spring 2018 will be the last semester for the tuition award grant.
***IMPORTANT DEADLINE FOR KODIAK COLLEGE STUDENTS***
Spring 2018 semester will be the last tuition award grant available for Kodiak College degree seeking students. Apply now, deadline is November 30, 2017.
To be eligible for a tuition award, you must:
Only one application per student will be accepted. If multiple applications are submitted, the last submission received prior to the due date will be considered by the committee.
Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA (high school GPA is used for incoming freshman).
- Be admitted to a degree or certificate program at Kodiak College. Students admitted to the CNA program or UAA Nursing and Education programs are not eligible to apply unless they are also admitted to a Kodiak College program.
- Have completed your registration for the semester applying and are registered for at least 1 credit through the Kodiak campus. Students taking at least 75% of their coursework from the Kodiak campus will receive additional consideration from the committee.
- Have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), even if federal aid is not expected. The information from the FAFSA helps the awarding committee determine financial need. You are encouraged to provide additional information about your circumstances if you are ineligible or do not qualify for federal aid.
- Submit a completed application by the published deadline.
Tuition award recipients will be notified of their award during the first week of add/drop deadline.
If you will be using any type of tuition-based education assistance this semester
(military tuition assistance, Post 911 GI Bill, UAA tuition awards, etc.) please contact
Student Services prior to completing this application.
Should you experience difficulties submitting this application, please contact Student Services at or email@example.com for assistance.
Do not submit this application without your essay being reviewed by a qualified individual,
ie: writing tutor, English instructor, librarian, College & Career Guide or other
individual approved by Student Services. Friends, relatives and classmates are not
qualified reviewers, however, they are great resources to help you prepare a draft
for your tutor session.
- Writing tutors are available in The Learning Center. Appointments are recommended.
- You may also use the free services of Live Homework Help to upload your essay and have it reviewed by a qualified tutor online. This service is available every day from 12pm-2am.
- Remember to compose and save your essay in a separate file (Word, Notepad, etc.) prior to submitting the application.
Please review the entire application and plan enough time to complete it before the application deadline. If you need to preview the questions of the application, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Student Services Office, Room 103.
Please enter all of the information below (*indicates a required field):
The purpose of the financial questions is to allow the committee to evaluate your financial need compared to other applicants. If you you have expenses much greater than your income, you should explain how you intend to close the gap if you do not receive financial assistance (student loans, increased work hours, reducing course load, etc.).
Details about the Tuition Awards:
- Are awarded per credit. Each credit is valued at the current undergraduate lower division tuition rate at the Kodiak College campus.
- If you have a tuition discount (i.e. JumpStart), the amount awarded will be prorated to the amount you receive for that semester.