49th Finishers Scholarship Encourages Students to Come Back To College
Have you earned some college credit but not a degree? Become a 49th Finisher and let UAA help you graduate, expand your career opportunities and reach your dreams. Together, with your drive to complete college and 49th Finishers Scholarship tuition assistance, UAA can support you in finishing your degree and propel you in the direction you want to go in life. Whether you took a break from your studies to focus on family, work, or other endeavors — or studied elsewhere, there is a home for you at UAA.
Eligible students receive:
$2,000 per year - Full Time (enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits)
$1,000 per year - Part Time (enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits)
Am I Eligible?
To qualify, you must:
- Be a new incoming transfer student or a former degree-seeking student at UAA who has some college credit but no bachelor’s degree. If you are a returning UAA student, you must have not taken a UAA class since Summer 2019 to be eligible.
- Apply for, and be admitted to, a baccalaureate program for Fall 2021.
- Be an Alaska resident.
- Have completed the FAFSA.
- Show satisfactory academic progress.
- Meet all deadlines.
To receive the 49th Finishers Scholarship:
- Complete the readmit/transfer application for admission by June 15, 2021
- Complete the FAFSA by July 15, 2021
- Must have a complete admission file and residency determination completed by July 15, 2021. The Office of Admissions will notify students who meet other requirements who have an incomplete file and/or an undetermined residency status shortly after the June 15th deadline.