Resources Available at Kodiak College
Kodiak College spring 2020 classes are continuing in alternative formats including online and by videoconferencing, but you may be wondering about campus services? While stopping by Student Services or the Learning Center won’t be the same as a few weeks ago, rest assured that there are still plenty of people available to help you. The information below gives you an update on Kodiak College campus departments, student resources, and academic support and is current as of March 30, 2020 at noon.
The withdrawal deadline for the spring 2020 semester has been extended Friday, April 10. Students are encouraged to seek academic and financial aid advising before they withdraw from courses since successful completion of courses is necessary to receive some financial aid and to continue to make progress toward your academic goals. Looking ahead, registration for the summer 2020 semester is happening now and the fall 2020 course schedule is available for viewing through UAOnline. Priority registration for most Kodiak College students will begin April 7 & 8.
All on campus events are cancelled until further notice.
Although campus services are moving to remote delivery, we are here to help you successfully complete the spring semester and move forward into fall. If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-486-1266. If we don’t answer the phone, please leave a message so we can call you back as soon as possible. It is our intention to respond to inquiries within 24 hours Monday through Friday. Please check your email, the Kodiak College website regularly as updates are happening with some frequency. We wish you well and look forward to seeing you on campus again once the crisis has passed.
- Academic Advising
- Financial Aid Advising
- Admission and Registration
- The Learning Center
While in-person tutoring has been suspended, FREE online tutoring continues to be available throughout the week through The Learning Center in math, writing, science, computers, study strategies, and more. Meet with a tutor in real-time virtually through our tutoring scheduler.
Uncomfortable with technology? Our dedicated, friendly tutors can walk you through it and assist you with coursework, study skills, time management, scholarship applications, resumes – you name it! As always, our goal is your long-term success. Visit The Learning Center website for more information and click on “make an appointment.”
- The Test CenterThe Test Center is closed until further notice. Contact Bobbie Farfalla-Ivanoff at email@example.com or 907-486-1215 for more information.
- LibraryAs we all transition to alternative education delivery methods, the staff at the Carolyn Floyd Library are here to help. Both Sara and Mike will be available by phone, email, or Zoom to assist students with their research and any other assignments and projects. You can email us papers if you would like us to proofread them and check citations. If you need help navigating the UAA Consortium's electronic resources (journals, newspapers, eBooks, articles, etc.) we can help you over the phone or live on Zoom. Please contact us if you have any questions, even if you don't think they’re library related; we're here to help you succeed!
- Computer Lab Tutoring
If you're having technical difficulties with your online classes please call the UAA Tech Services as a first step.
The Computer Lab staff is offering online tutoring. You can sign up through the Learning Center page at Kodiak College. Make an appointment with Heather Corriere. Current hours available are 1-3 pm on Tuesdays and 7-9 pm on Wednesdays.
If the above options aren't working for you please call 907-486-1212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Internet Access
If you do not have internet access at home, go to the University of Alaska Resources for Learning Remotely web page to learn about internet service providers in Alaska who are offering free service for students.
- Blackboard or Zoom SupportIf you are having difficulty with Blackboard, accessing any of your online course material, videoconferencing, or other technical difficulties please call UAA Tech Services at 1-877-633-3888.
- Business Office and BookstoreThe Business Office and Bookstore requests that students begin paying all their tuition and student fees online. You can pay through UAOnline or Nelnet’s Student Account Center where you will sign in with your usual university credentials. If you are unable to pay online or have an EZ payment plan. Other inquiries can be sent by email to Grace Bachini at email@example.com or by calling 907-486-1217.
- Adult Education
Contact us for an appointment for Adult Education, English language, GED preparation, and Career support using online and/or print materials. Call 907-486-1243, email Linda Himelbloom at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on social media including Facebook at Adult Education at Kodiak College, Instagram, or Twitter abekoc.
- The Kodiak College Commencement CeremonyAll spring 2020 UA commencement ceremonies have been cancelled. We will be polling students who are graduating to collect ideas on how we can celebrate their achievements despite this disappointing news.