Kodiak College continues to function primarily via alternate course delivery, remote work, and controlled access to campus facilities. Campus services are available virtually and face-to-face by appointment. Please contact us if you have any questions. Learn more about UAA's COVID-19 response. Check on current eligibility for the vaccine.
New Student Checklist
Prepare for a successful semester!
1. Note important dates and deadlines.
2. Apply for financial aid & determine how to pay for college.
- 3. Complete placement testing for math and writing, if needed
- 4. Submit your official transcripts from high school and/or colleges previously attended.
- 5. Contact your program advisor for help deciding what classes to take.
- 6. Consult Degree Works to learn about your program requirements.
- 7. Register for Classes! Refer to the Kodiak College Registration Guide or contact student services for assistance.
- 8. Review your account balance in UAOnline.
- 9. Purchase your books by visiting the Kodiak College Bookstore web page.
- 10. Complete the New Student Online Orientation (NSO) before the start of your first semester in college.
Completion of NSO is mandatory for some students including those in the JumpStart college success program.
We are here to help!
Kodiak College staff will communicate with you by e-mail, so check your email
often. If you need assistance, send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Student
Services at (907) 486-1266.