COVID-19 Information

Kodiak College continues to function primarily via alternate course delivery, remote work, and controlled access to campus facilities. Campus services are available virtually and face-to-face by appointment. Please contact us if you have any questions. Learn more about UAA's COVID-19 response. Check on current eligibility for the vaccine.

Future Students

To get started, you will need to determine what type of student you are.

First-Time Freshmen and Transfer Students

student writing

A first-time freshman is a student who has never attended college other than as a high school student. 

If you completed college units after graduation from high school, you are considered a transfer student and must meet those requirements.

Non-Degree Seeking

student sewing

If you are a student wanting to take courses for personal interest or growth and do not plan to earn a certificate or degree, you are considered a Non-Degree Seeking student.

GED Students or English Language Learners

students learning

Adult Education (formerly ABE) offers free courses for students who want to earn their GED, learn English, or brush up on basic skills in reading, writing and math.

Senior Citizens

senior student

The University of Alaska provides free tuition to Alaskans who are eligible for full Social Security retirement benefits, generally age 66 and older.  If you plan to use the Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver, you must wait to register until the day the course begins.

Military and Veteran Students

student on laptop

In general, these are students who have served or are serving in the US Armed Forces and their dependents. The exact details of eligibility should be verified with your branch of service. Contact Nancy Castro.

High School Students

students in writing class

If you are a high school student, you may be able to take Kodiak College classes.  Fill out the High School Student Entry Form and an advisor will contact you to set up a time to meet.

Need help figuring out what kind of student you are? Please call Student Services at 907-486-1266

More helpful links: