This FREE class begins on February and will meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm.
We will use audio, video, websites, discussions, and class activities to strengthen students’ English skills for Health Care workplaces.
Update your communication skills relative to workplaces which include:
- Interpreting dosages and directions
- Levels of pain, patient history and clarification
- Listening tasks at novice-intermediate levels
- Workplace math such as fractions, decimals, and measurement
- Your questions
We will also include:
- Essential information related to workplace needs
- Demonstrating command of Standard English
- Reading and listening for accuracy
- Consultations with visiting guest speaker Rachel Putnam from Kodiak Job Service to explore employment training & employment