Blackboard usually works best using the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. However, there have been several quirky issues lately. If you have any trouble viewing or using this Blackboard course, please try another browser to see if it works any better.
Browser choices: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari, and several others. Report any problems (give specific details) to your instructor and/or call the UAA IT Call Center at 907-786-4646 (toll free 877-633-3888).
Download Free Plug-ins
There will be times when you will be accessing files that will require you to have updated "plug-ins" for on your computer, allowing you to view files of a certain type on your computer.
Go to the UAA Online Class Requirements website to check your computer requirements. This website will allow you to download the free version of each plug-in if you are missing any of them. You can also click on the hyperlinks listed below to download a specific plug-in. You should have all of the Strongly Recommended Plug-ins:
Need help? Call the IT Call Center at 907-786-4646 (toll free 877-633-3888) for step-by-step assistance.
Microsoft Office 365
All students, staff, and faculty at the University of Alaska Anchorage have free access to Microsoft Office 365. To learn more about getting access to Microsoft Office 365 and training for the products visit the UAA page.
Computer classes regularly offered at Kodiak College:
An excellent way to improve your computer knowledge is to take a computer class. A variety of computer classes are available through Kodiak College, both face-to-face and distantly.
- Keyboarding A: Basic Keyboarding – CIOS A101A
- Keyboarding B: Business Documents I – CIOS A101B
- Keyboarding C: Business Documents II – CIOS A101C
- Operating Systems: MS Windows – CIOS A113
- Word Processing I: MS Word – CIOS 130A
- Spreadsheets I: MS Excel – CIOS 135A
- Spreadsheets II: MS Excel – CIOS A230A
- Word Processing II: MS Word – CIOS A230A
- Introduction to Personal Computers and Application Software – CIS A105
- Computer Concepts in Business – CIS A110
- Introduction to Computerized Accounting – ACCT A222
- Internet Concepts and Applications - CIOS A146
Visit UAOnline to view a full list of classes offered at the University of Alaska.
Hoonuit is a subscription service for tutorials on a variety of software and online learning tools. You must first log in to our UAA subscription in order to access the full tutorial or any of the tutorial sections. Open a new tab/window to log in using your university username and password (the same ones you would use for email or Blackboard). .