Kodiak College continues to function primarily via alternate course delivery, remote work, and controlled access to campus facilities. Campus services are available virtually and face-to-face by appointment. Please contact us if you have any questions. Learn more about UAA's COVID-19 response. Check on current eligibility for the vaccine.
Students can find textbook information for all Kodiak College courses in the appropriate booklist. Textbook purchasing is different for distance and face-to-face courses. Students can purchase distance course materials through our online bookstore. For face-to-face classes, students can buy on-campus course material in the bookstore on campus.
Savvy Student Tip
If you are not charging your books to financial aid (voucher), then better prices are often available through other vendors such as Chegg, Amazon, and AbeBooks. Use the booklist to locate the ISBN, book title, and edition to help you find your book for the most economical price. Rentals and digital versions are also a reasonable option for having access to your books sooner rather than later.
Most materials for online courses can be purchased by following the easy step-by-step process.
- Open the link to the MBS bookstore and Choose Let's Get Started.
- Choose the current term, then distance education, then type the the name, subject or CRN of the course.
- If that doesn't work, find "view all courses" in the bottom left and find your courses in the list.
- Choose View Your Materials on the bottom right. Add all of the materials you need into your cart.
- Proceed to checkout. You can pay with credit card, PayPal, or a Voucher.
Note: Students planning to charge their books to their financial aid will need a Voucher ID. Please contact the bookstore before purchasing to determine if you are eligible to use anticipated excess financial aid to order textbooks before the aid is disbursed. Book advance requests can not be processed until all Financial Aid requirements have been completed, processed, and aid has been approved.
On Campus Courses
Required course materials for face-to-face classes can be purchased at the Bookstore. Please bring your class list with CRN numbers to ensure the purchase of correct materials.
Textbook Return Policy
Material purchased from Kodiak College Bookstore may be returned within 5 days after the start of the class and returned as purchased with receipt.
On Campus Buyback
Our partners at MBS will still be offering an online buyback option, that will include free shipping. To participate in the buyback, visit the MBS website.
To initiate an online buyback:
- Navigate to the menu tab (upper right-hand corner).
- Select Sell Your Textbooks, and follow the steps.
- You will need to log in to your MBS account or create one for free.
- If you purchased the book you are selling from MBS, make sure you use the same account to receive the royalty bonuses that are offered.
- You will be able to print a return label after you finish your quote.
If you have any questions, please contact Lewis Watkins at 907-486-1242.