Kodiak College continues to function primarily via alternate course delivery, remote work, and controlled access to campus facilities. Campus services are available virtually and face-to-face by appointment. Please contact us if you have any questions. Learn more about UAA's COVID-19 response.
Disability Support Services
Welcome to Kodiak College Disability Support Services
Disability Support Services (DSS) coordinates the support services for UAA students who experience disabilities, as well as provides resources for the university and community. Providing equal opportunities for students who experience disabilities is a campus-wide responsibility and commitment. For more information about the services provided at UAA please visit the UAA Disability Support Services page.
Students requesting accommodations should contact one of the disability support services liaisons at Kodiak College:
Barbara Brown at email@example.com or (907) 486-1211
Registrar (907) 486-1235
Students transitioning from high school to Kodiak College:
- Need to make an appointment with Barbara Brown for an accommodation request
- Students need to be their own advocate, not parents
- Visit the UAA page - Transitioning from High School
- Visit the highly interactive website : Going to College
- View: Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education: Know Your Rights and Responsibilities
Premier Literacy Productivity Pack is a useful tool for students. Disability Support Services encourages the use of adaptive software programs and can provide training and support for those interested. For more information, please contact Jennifer Pedersen by calling (907) 486-1235 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.