The Learning Center
To support student success, collaborate with faculty and staff, and expand the educational opportunities for and intellectual development of all learners.
FREE on campus & online tutoring in:
- Math, writing, reading, English as a Second Language (ESL), science, health science, and more.
- Coursework, study skills, time management, scholarship applications, resumes - you
Our goal is your long term success.
Visit the Faculty/Staff Directory to meet our tutors!
Drop In or Make an Appointment
- 907-486-1203 or
(toll free) 800-486-7660
- View the schedule & make an appointment
Meet with a tutor on campus or in real-time virtually
On campus tutoring is back! And FREE online tutoring continues to be available with a variety of appointment times throughout the week, including Sunday afternoons. For on campus appointments, please observe current Kodiak College Covid-19 requirements (such as masking and physical distancing) and, if you have questions, just ask! While drop-ins are welcome, we suggest scheduling an appointment ahead of time if you can.
Uncomfortable with technology?
Visit our help page for more information, give us a call at (907) 486 - 1203, and/or make an appointment and our tutors will be happy to assist and help you get comfortable during your initial visit. As always, our goal is your long-term success.
Tutoring starts the 2nd week of the semester
Please note that the Center is closed during the following holidays: Labor Day; Thanksgiving Break; Winter Break; MLK, Jr. Day; Spring Break; & Summer Break.
The Learning Center also provides the following for on campus students:
- Dedicated, friendly tutors.
- Computers, printers, and a scanner.
- Informal, comfortable study space for individuals and groups.
- Useful handouts, online and print resources, course texts, and comprehensive writing